Re: Meaford fire/water

andrewho

Meaford fire/water

Post by andrewho »

how is everyone doing with the town water due to the fire at JB's? i have only a few reused bottles in the fridge. should use metal or glass. wash dishes in a sponge container with soap from the refill centre.
Leo B

Post by Leo B »

andrewho wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 7:57 pm how is everyone doing with the town water due to the fire at JB's? ...
Because water in the lake got contaminated I guess water can be taken from a river. This is a great example of a disaster we must be prepared for: Fire caused damage + we lost a car garage and some cars that were being worked on + fire fighters used up the water tower water + lake got contaminated all leading one to another and happening at the same time. 72-hour water supply is a must! Feel free to post your ideas on how to be ready for this in the corresponding forums.

Also I'd like to reflect on the public's actions right at the moment and immediately after:
[great] people noticed the fire and called the fire fighters.
[fail] people stopped their cars passing by and stared at the fire blocking the road and interfering with fire fighters work. Do not stop! If you can't help, move out of the way. More generally I've developed a rule for myself: if I see a crowd I move away as fast as possible as far as possible. KEEP AWAY FROM THE MOB rule. This is no joke as crowds of people often become targets of terrorists and manipulation.
[great] people posted the info on Facebook and started discussion on how to support Johnny B. That way people living in Meaford know to avoid the contaminated lake water and drive around the Sykes St. block.
[fail] some people didn't have a 72-hour water supply stored in their house. Visit the thread to see what you must have handy at all times: viewforum.php?f=2
andrewho

Post by andrewho »

i got my case of water at the arena. i had about 3 daysworth for dog and self. clealy not enough. need some to boil for coffee and make rice etc.

Return to “Water supply”